Welcome to Avamere at Medford
Our community offers assisted living, residential care, and a senior-friendly fitness center complete with an indoor heated pool and spa. Richly appointed common areas and a private dining room are available for socializing and family gatherings. Enjoy scheduled outings in our 15-passenger vehicle with our fun and vibrant life enrichment staff.
The success of Avamere at Waterford is dependent upon your satisfaction. We are committed to enhancing your life. The feedback from our residents allows us to strengthen our commitment to create a truly memorable living experience.
Healthcare & Senior Living Options
Our comprehensive assisted living and senior care services allow our residents to enjoy as much independence and activity as they would like, with the comfort of knowing on-site health care and personal assistance is there when they most need it.
Maybe you or a loved one simply does not have the desire or physical strength to clean the house anymore, rake leaves in the yard or deal with another plumbing problem. Our caring and trained staff will step in and handle all these mundane chores for you. And more importantly, Avamere at Waterford honors your individuality. We provide rich amenities and a comprehensive activities calendar so you can pursue interests most dear to you.
Other benefits include:
- A community lifestyle that promotes independence and respects an individual’s privacy, as well as their personality and character.
- Staff who are energetic, caring, creative and committed to you.
- Private and well-equipped studio, one-bedroom or two-bedroom apartments.
- Medical assistance always close by.
- Restaurant-style dining, salon services, libraries and computer centers.
- A full calendar of physical and social activities for developing friendships and getting out into the community.
For seniors in need of intensive and personalized medical care for short periods, Avamere at Three Fountains is an excellent choice. Our trained skilled nursing staff strives for a high-level of personal care, perfect for seniors who require 24-hour monitoring of health needs. Many patient stays are less than three months and most frequently consist of seniors who come directly from the hospital to recover from surgery or severe illness.
Avamere at Three Fountains skilled nursing staff, comprised of registered and practical nurses, as well as occupational, speech, and physical therapists, work as a team to restore seniors’ lives after physical trauma, such as a stroke, heart attack, broken hip, or knee replacement. Our skilled nursing team, under the direction of the seniors’ physician, is ready to help with healing, rehabilitation, and a smooth transition back into a normal and healthy life.
- Personalized assessments
- Full-time care and supervision
- Skilled nursing care, coupled with rehabilitation staff for all around care
- A nice, inviting and home-like atmosphere
- Insurance advice
Physical therapy for seniors of every level of physical ability works to improve balance and strength, build confidence, and remain active. physical therapy is used to improve health after an illness or injury, or to cope with a persistent health impairment. For us, physical therapy is a way for seniors to maintain independence and achieve comfort.
At the hands of a trained physical therapist, patients can work toward improving balance, strength, mobility, and overall fitness – all of which older adults may benefit from. Participating in regular physical therapy could contribute to improved physical abilities, which can also help older adults avoid falls.
Our occupational therapists work in tandem with our physical therapists to improve Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s). occupational therapists help seniors develop and adopt a routine of beneficial daily activities based on the client’s individual needs. We strive to get our patients back in control of life.
As you grow older, vocal cords become less elastic and larynx muscles weaken. This makes it difficult for many elderly people to speak as they once did, and it makes it more difficult for those around them to understand what they are saying. Speech therapy can help teach the patient to speak in a new way, with vocal exercises that will help them communicate more effectively.
Help make your journey back to physical independence and good health a success by working with the staff at our rehabilitation center, Avamere at Three Fountains.Contact Us
Avamere at Medford takes pride in offering long-term care services to residents of Medford and surrounding communities. Our compassionate long-term care staff, composed of registered, vocational and practical nurses and aids, provide 24-hour care services to seniors who are no longer able to care for themselves because of physical, emotional, or cognitive conditions.
The Avamere at Medford long-term care building is friendly and warm. We promote a life-filled atmosphere that mirrors the home-life many left behind. Musicians volunteer their talents, school children and pets often visit, and plants fill outdoor courtyards and indoor areas with life.Contact Us
Avamere at Three Fountains is dedicated to supporting the senior healthcare needs of the surrounding community. Families providing care for loved ones with mental health issues, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s, have continuously chosen us to care for loved ones on a short term basis. Our Senior Respite Care services are specially tailored to give families a well-deserved break from providing the compassionate daily care their loved one requires.
Avamere at Three Fountains is proud to provide short-term respite stays at a nightly fee. This is ideal for family caregivers who may need a few days or weeks off. We will work closely with your loved one’s primary care physician to help continue the care they deserve.Contact Us
We strive to make your time with us as comfortable as possible and full of activities you enjoy. To facilitate these activities, we have a number of on-site amenities at your disposal – from a visiting beautician to libraries filled with books and movies. If there is an activity you would like to participate in, a game you would like to play, or an amenity you would like see added to our active community calendar you can join our Resident Council, or speak directly with the administrator.
Here is just a sample of the amenities we offer:
- Volunteer Program
- Personal Wheelchair Assessment
- Private Transportation Services
- Beauty Shop
- Chaplain Services
- On-site Dining
- 24-Hour Nurse Call System
- TV w/ Cable
- Private Phone
- Newspaper & Mail Delivery
- Exercise Classes
- Beauty Salon
- Restaurant Style Dining
- Transportation Services
Avamere at Medford - Health and Fitness Center
Fitness After 40 is Attainable
Thanks to Avamere’s Health and Fitness Club, fitness after 40 is not only attainable but can be enjoyable, too. More than 500 members take pleasure in our senior fitness club’s many amenities and benefits. They rave about our large, warm water exercise and lap pool. They feel motivated and comfortable in our senior fitness environment to work-out—even with medical conditions. They also appreciate the personalized attention and knowledge that our highly trained Medford fitness instructors provide.
Many think choosing a healthier lifestyle is difficult. We believe it doesn’t have to be. Everything about our Medford fitness facility is designed around improving fitness for seniors. Our adult exercise equipment is specially designed for maximal strength and optimal gain. Our adult exercise-only environment lets members stay focused and disciplined in their pursuit to better senior fitness while also having the chance to relax and catch up with old and new friends alike.
We invite you to use our adult exercise equipment, attend one of our senior fitness exercise or aquatic classes offing a variety of intensity levels, or partner with one of our personalized senior fitness trainers. You’ll quickly learn why members continually recommend us to their friends.
Various Levels of Water Exercise Classes for You
*Classes subject to change, based on attendance, instructor availability and programming needs.
Our Medford water exercise classes offer members a variety of intensity levels and workouts similar to our land-based adult exercise classes. However, there are advantages when doing these exercises in the water. The water allows freer movements of joints and less gravitational stress on the body.
So try a class today and remember to relax and rejuvenate yourself further in our wonderful jetted spa. Class descriptions are below. View water exercise class schedule here.
- Aqua Arthritis – A traditional arthritis exercise class in waist to chest deep water.
- Deep Water Arthritis – A deep water variation of aquatic exercise. Full immersion properties of water support joints, promote healing and create full body resistance.
- Health Hinges – A gentle class perfect for beginners and those who are very deconditioned. The emphasis is on joint mobility, healthy movement patterns, muscular flexibility and light general conditioning. Move at your own pace in a supportive environment.
- Joints in Motion – This class is a step up from “Healthy Hinges”. The movements are more energetic and continuous to help build more conditioning and joint strength. Flexibility, general conditioning, endurance and fun are emphasized in this class set to music.
- Hi Intensity – A high intensity movement focused class. Class focus is on achieving a total body workout. Combining shallow and deep water techniques with emphasis on overall body conditioning and general fitness. You will be encouraged to challenge yourself and reach new fitness boundaries.
- Aqua Tone – A vigorous and energizing workout to tone and sculpt your body. This class emphasizes muscular strength and endurance combined with balance and flexibility exercises for overall conditioning. If you like to move and work hard this is the class for you.
- H2O Fitness – A vigorous water exercise class for those who really want to push to the next level of fitness. This dynamic routine will challenge and invigorate you.
- Makin’ Waves – An active class that will help you create the leaner, stronger body you want. This moderate to high intensity class combines strength and aerobic fitness to help you sculpt your body.
- Easter Seals Classes – We are proud to partner with community organizations. Our E.S. class is held every Thursday and serves the fitness and fun needs of individuals of different abilities.
- Private Swim Lessons – Available for adults and children!
Adult Fitness Classes that Build Confidence
*Classes subject to change, based upon attendance, instructor availability and programming needs.
Members take part in our Medford adult fitness classes for many reasons. Some need the camaraderie of peers to discipline and motivate themselves. Other members like the ability to focus on a certain body part or particular health need. Others just find it more fun to do adult fitness exercises with others. If any of these reasons ring true for you, join us for one of our adult exercise classes.
Many of our most popular senior exercise classes are included in your membership. And all adult exercise classes are led by credentialed staff members specialized in helping those with medical conditions. Class descriptions follow. View adult fitness exercises schedule here.
- Gentle Joints – A seated exercise class that is fun and safe for all. Particularly for those who are chair bound, have balance difficulties, or are very deconditioned. Focus is on gentle joint movements, muscular movement patterns, posture and breathing. A fun and supportive class.
- Arthritis Exercise – A land base arthritis exercise class designed to decrease pain, increase mobility, improve general conditioning and help you take control of your functional life again.
- Cardio Blast – This program combines the stimulating effects of interval training with strength training in a fun group format.
- Feelin’ Good Fitness – Increase your flexibility and strength while improving your balance. Our class combines the benefits of strength training with resistance bands and hand weights. Excellent and appropriate for all levels of ability strength, muscle, posture and body awareness.
- Strong Woman, Strong Bones – This Tufts University program is lead by one of our Tufts Certified Instructors. This specialized, progressive strength and conditioning program follows medical guidelines established by medical staff at Tufts. This program is NOT for women only, it is designed for anyone who is developing or has osteoporosis. Diagnosis of osteoporosis is not required. Class is open to all who would like professional strength training guidance without complex equipment, offered in a supportive small group setting.
760 Spring St.
Medford, OR 97504
NEWS & EVENTS
Avamere at Medford is an Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation community active in our local community. Visit our news section to learn about the latest stories and events affecting people in the Medford, Oregon area.
The Avamere Family of Companies
The mission of the Avamere Family of Companies is to enhance the life of every person we serve. Our comprehensive continuum of post-acute care and senior living settings help seniors with a range of health care needs and post-retirement options. When approaching the unique care needs and living situations of the individuals we serve, we strive to provide the guidance and services to stay comfortably in the residence of their choice. Explore our website to learn about our commitment to you.
Mission and Core Values
To Enhance the Life of Every Person We Serve
- Integrity above all else
- Passion for the quality of people’s lives
- Quality that is obvious
- Innovation, not emulation
- A culture of trust and respect
- Reaching to learn, grow and embrace change
- Teamwork, camaraderie and fun
© Copyright 2017 Avamere at Medford – A Part of the Avamere Family of Companies. All rights reserved.