Our comprehensive assisted living and senior care services allow our residents to enjoy as much independence and activity as they would like, with the comfort of knowing on-site health care and personal assistance is there when they most need it.
Maybe you or a loved one simply doesn’t have the desire or physical strength to clean the house anymore, rake leaves in the yard or deal with one more plumbing problem. Our caring and trained staff will step in and handle all those mundane chores for you. And more importantly, Avamere at Sherwood honors your individuality. We provide private assisted living services and a comprehensive activities calendar, so you can pursue interests most dear to you.
Residents enjoy morning exercise classes several times a week. In addition, we offer an occasional afternoon exercise class as well for our residents that enjoy sleeping in. We relish a flexible schedule as much as you. With our mission to enhance the life of every person we serve, we take a multi-faceted approach to meeting the needs and desires of our residents.
The assisted living apartment building has 24-hour services available to residents. A licensed nurse is present in the community during the weekdays and is only a phone call away for consultation at any time.VIEW FLOORPLANS
Residents in our 24-bed Alzheimer’s/Memory Care neighborhood are assisted 24-hours-a-day by nationally certified caregivers under the direction of a licensed nurse. Memory care rooms are shared suites that allow residents to have a personal area with a communal private bathroom equipped with an easily accessible oversized shower, individually controlled heating and air conditioning.
On the first Wednesday of every month, we offer to the families of residents and the community an Alzheimer’s/Dementia Support Group. This is a great way to gain a better understanding of the Dementia process. We are here to help those afflicted with Alzheimer’s in Sherwood through compassionate care.
Because dementia and Alzheimer’s affects one’s memory and thinking skills, Avamere at Sherwood dementia care team coaches residents in a kind and compassionate way that presents clues from resident’s previous lifestyle. They also closely monitor and manage behavior changes, so residents can stay involved with daily activities and be “present” for each new day.
Furthermore, we strive to:
- Ease stressful situations by keeping to daily routines and having similar staff schedules.
- Be alert to “sundowning,” when some memory care residents become more anxious during nighttime hours.
- Provide safe areas for wandering and exploring.
Avamere at Sherwood is dedicated to supporting the senior healthcare needs of the surrounding community. Families providing care for loved ones with mental health issues, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s, have continuously chosen us to care for loved ones on a short term basis. Our Senior Respite Care services are specially tailored to give families a well-deserved break from providing the compassionate daily care their loved one requires.
Avamere at Sherwood is proud to provide short-term respite stays at a nightly fee. This is ideal for family caregivers who may need a few days or weeks off. We will work closely with your loved one’s primary care physician to help continue the care they deserve.VIEW FLOORPLANS
Your life is our commitment at Avamere at Sherwood. We know your life extends well beyond the care you may need or the independent lifestyle you maintain. That is why we offer a comprehensive package of senior living amenities that aim to enhance your life. Below is a list of just a few of the amenities we offer. Contact us anytime to learn more.
- Free Wi-Fi – a great way for our residents that are tech savvy to stay in touch with their loved ones.
- Netflix – a wonderful opportunity for our residents to socialize in the TV lounge area while enjoying a classic movie.
- 24-Hour Snack /Juice Bar – residents are encouraged to help themselves any time of the day to juices, coffee, and snacks.
- Outdoor Patio – covered or uncovered (depending on the sometimes rainy Oregon weather) is a great way for our residents to enjoy the outdoors.
- 15-Passenger Courtesy Van – residents can schedule doctor appointments on Mondays as well as non-medical outings in the community.
- Oregonian Delivery – keeps our residents up-to-date with current events.
- Private Dining Room – residents are encouraged to reserve for any special event that they would like.
- Beauty Salon – in-house with affordable pricing.
- Spa Tub – available anytime for our residents to have a relaxing bath.
- Tigard Family Dental – dental appointments done in house quarterly or as needed.
- Scriver mobile lab and medical imaging – in-house lab draws and mobile imaging done daily.
- Hearing Aid and Eye Glass clinic done monthly.
- Walker / Wheelchair assessment clinic.