For Immediate Release: 3/24/2020
The Avamere Family of Companies (AFC), a group of senior healthcare companies, is supporting their staff amidst the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
The company implemented the following measures:
- Any employee who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and requires quarantine or is quarantined as a result of exposure at work to an employee or patient/resident with COVID-19 will receive full pay during that quarantined period
- AFC offers an additional company bank of PTO, prioritized for critical direct care staff in Avamere Living skilled nursing communities and community-based care locations
- Employees can donate PTO for fellow team members who may have a need due to COVID-19-related issues and absences
- Employees are allowed negative PTO balance
- Meals and snacks are free for all employees on duty in Avamere Living buildings
- AFC offers daycare reimbursement up to $50 per day for employees who incur additional, unplanned childcare expenses due to school closures; this is available for employees with school-aged children, generally pre-school through age 13
In a message to employees, The Avamere Family of Companies CEO Rick Miller stated, “I assure you our efforts to support you will match the extraordinary effort you put into your work every day.”
He continued, “I’ve placed my confidence in you you’ve placed your confidence in me. Together we will get through this. I know whatever comes our way, we will continue to enhance the lives of every person we serve, and that will guide us through.”
The Avamere Family of Companies leaders are monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and working closely with federal, state, and local health officials to promote patient and resident safety and health. They will continue to monitor the situation and work diligently to coordinate efforts with official recommendations.
To stay up-to-date on The Avamere Family of Companies’ response to COVID-19, visit avamere.com/covid-19-response.
About the Avamere Family of Companies
Founded in 1995 and based in Wilsonville, Oregon, the Avamere Family of Companies provides assisted living, independent living, memory care, rehabilitation, home care, transitional care, and more. Today Avamere’s diverse companies operate in over 250 locations across 19 states with over 8,800 employees. Avamere is proud to be considered one of Oregon’s most admired companies as they continue to serve their valued patients and residents. For more information, please visit avamere.com.
Avamere Family of Companies
25115 SW Parkway Ave, Suite B
Wilsonville, OR 97070
For press inquiries, please email email@example.com.