For seniors in Boise and surrounding communities who are in need of intensive and personalized medical care for short periods, Avamere Transitional Health Care and Rehabilitation – Boise is an excellent choice. Our trained skilled nursing staff strives for a high-level of personal care, perfect for seniors who require 24-hour monitoring of health needs. Many patient stays are less than three months and most frequently consist of seniors who come directly from the hospital to recover from surgery or severe illness.
Avamere Transitional Health Care and Rehabilitation – Boise skilled nursing staff, comprised of registered and practical nurses, as well as occupational, speech, and physical therapists, help restore seniors’ lives after physical trauma, such as a stroke, heart attack, broken hip, or knee replacement. Our skilled nursing team, under the direction of the seniors’ physician, is ready to help with healing, rehabilitation, and a smooth transition back into a normal and healthy life.
Advantages of our Boise Nursing Services
Avamere’s nurturing and professionally trained nursing staff will work diligently, with direction from your primary care physician, to provide quality care that you deserve.
- Personalized assessments
- Full-time care and supervision
- Skilled nursing care, coupled with rehabilitative staff for all around care
- A nice, inviting and home-like atmosphere
- Insurance advice
The newly remodeled therapy gym space has a private speech language pathology office for cognitive, language and dysphasia training. Our occupational therapists have a full kitchen, shower, and bathroom for training of activities of daily living. Our open gym space provides excellent access to our exercise equipment and modalities (ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and short wave diathermy) to help you during your recovery period. Our treatment programs are designed around our patient’s needs and goals.
When can Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Help?
Physical Therapists (PTs) are experts in restoring lost movement and function that result from an injury or illness. PTs work with our residents on:
- Basic mobility, like getting in and out of bed
- Balance and fall-risk reduction
- Walking and wheelchair mobility
- Strength and restoring lost movement
- Exercise treatment plans
Occupational Therapists (OTs) help correct or compensate problems with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) that resulted from an illness or injury. OTs work with our residents on:
- Mobility needed for functional tasks like kitchen activities or dressing.
- Muscle strength and joint range of motion to be able to regain self-care ability
- Logical thought processes for movement and activity planning, sensation, vision
- Dressing, grooming, hygiene, meal preparations, other household tasks
Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs) help our residents who have cognitive, communication, and swallowing disorders resulting from illness or injury. SLPs work with our residents on:
- Language ability and cognitive retraining
- Alternative communication strategies
- Swallowing ability and diet textures to prevent aspiration
Long-term care services serve an important role in the continuum of care for seniors. Nursing home care services can include personal care, specialized diets, medication management, restorative therapy, social services, spiritual services, and individual and group activities. Our comprehensive long-term care services are provided through an individualized nursing home care plan approved by the seniors’ physicians.
- A personalized long-term care plan approved by the residents’ primary care doctors
- A friendly, safe, and warm nursing home atmosphere
- Appealing and balanced meals (we accommodate specialized diets)
- Medication monitoring and management
- Senior rehabilitation
- Support for loved ones
- Plenty of opportunities for senior citizens to socialize with others and partake in social activity
Avamere Transitional Health Care and Rehabilitation – Boise is dedicated to supporting the senior healthcare needs of the surrounding community. Families providing care for loved ones with mental health issues, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s, have continuously chosen us to care for loved ones on a short term basis. Our Senior Respite Care services are specially tailored to give families a well-deserved break from providing the compassionate daily care their loved one requires.
Avamere Transitional Health Care and Rehabilitation – Boise is proud to provide short-term respite stays at a nightly fee. This is ideal for family caregivers who may need a few days or weeks off. We will work closely with your loved one’s primary care physician to help continue the care they deserve.
Activities are offered seven days a week scheduled to provide opportunities for socialization among residents in our community. There are daily social groups with coffee, relevant topics of discussion, humor, or reminiscing of past life events. We celebrate holidays and special events. There is plenty of opportunity to interact with volunteers; school aged children, and pets. Activities include arts & crafts, music, team sports, games, and bingo.
We strive to make your time with us as comfortable as possible and full of activities you enjoy. To facilitate these activities, we have a number of on-site amenities at your disposal – from a visiting beautician to libraries filled with books and movies. If there is an activity you would like to participate in, a game you would like to play, or an amenity you would like see added to our active community calendar you can join our Resident Council, or speak directly with the administrator.
Here is just a sample of the amenities we offer:
- Outpatient rehabilitation services
- Weekly psychiatry services
- On-site x-rays
- On-site nurse practitioner
- Pharmacy consultations
- Therapy offered seven days a week
- Fine dining, including cultural menu options
- Hush, no rush dining
- Desktop computers
- Free, in-room television
- Courtyard and patio
- Pet visits
- Free parking